Hi friends! Do you like pasta? Do you like chips? How about Pasta chips?! Pasta chips are one of the hottest new snacks taking the internet by surprise! But what the heck is a pasta chip?
What are pasta chips?
Pasta chips are exactly what they sound like. It’s a piece of everyday pasta turned into a crunch snack chip. I first heard of them when one of my best friends Maria suggested I try the new snack. Doing my research I found a million videos and photos of the hot new snack. There I was intrigued so I thought I’d try it out! Let’s get to it!
Pasta chip ingridents:
For the recipe you will need the following:
- 8 oz pasta.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese.
How to make pasta chips.
- First, start off by cooking your pasta until it’s al dente. I used two types of pasta Rigatoni & Farfalle. Feel free to use whatever kind you’d like. When pasta is done but don’t rinse.
2. Add your olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and freshly grated parmesan cheese to a bowl with pasta and mix it all together.
3. Add pasta in single layers to your air fryer and fry 400°F for 10 minutes. Flipping your pasta on the other side at 5 minutes. Ta-da! You are done!!
My honest opinion.
Simple, and easy in 3 steps! Add a side of your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy! So what did I think of the pasta chips?!
My honest opinion was they were okay. Honestly, with all the hype around them, I thought they would be a lot tastier but they were pretty much just like hard spaghetti. However, my daughter absolutely loves them and she killed two bowls! So I’d say a very kid-friendly recipe. Also, I must know if you don’t have an air fryer you can also make them the same exact way.
Let me know how you love or hate them! Be sure to share this post with your friends! See ya next time!