This post is sponsored by FAGE, however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Hi friends! The other day I was sitting at the table with my kids as they were finishing up with their homework and I was finishing up with my writing. My littlest Aria looked at me and said “I’m hungry.” Suddenly my oldest looked at me and said “me too what’s for lunch.” “Lunch?” I thought to myself because it just seemed like we had only had breakfast. But somewhere in between working from home, distance learning, chasing a puppy around and mom life all morning it was very much lunchtime. I had to think quick because they were getting antsy. I opened up my fridge and spotted FAGE sour cream. In today’s blog how to whip up quick homemade mac and cheese for lunchtime or any time with FAGE.
FAGE sour cream.
FAGE, when most people think of FAGE they may think of yogurt. But FAGE also offers all-natural rich and thick sour cream. Gluten-free and made with all-natural ingredients the Non-GMO sour cream is one of a kind and is a must-have for all delicious dishes that require sour cream. Another cool thing about FAGE is that it offers so many different options like no sugars and multiple milk fats.
With FAGE everyone has an option and the best part of all? FAGE can pretty much be indulged in any food. Food like my homemade mac and cheese. I made it for my girls for lunch but you can have this dish for dinner or pair it with a side as well. The recipe is fast, easy and most importantly extremely comforting to your tummy. So let’s get in it.
What you will need.
- 1/2 cup of FAGE sour cream.
- 1lb elbow macaroni pasta.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 1/4 cup of butter.
- 1bs of salt & pepper.
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese.
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat your water & once it begins to boil add your elbow macaroni pasta. Let cook for a few minutes until firm but still soft. This only took me maybe 10-13 minutes.
- Once your elbow macaroni pasta is done drain and add to your baking pan.
- Next add your milk, butter, salt & pepper, both variations of cheese, and top with 1/2 cup of FAGE sour cream. Mix everything together. (NOTE: The amount of cheese is fully up to you. I added around 2 cups per each variation because I love cheesy mac and cheese and so do my girls.)
- Put in the oven to bake for about 15-20 minutes and you’re done!
Let your mac and cheese cool down for a few minutes and it’s all ready to eat!
This is one of my girl’s favorite go-to recipes. They love it and they literally tear up their plates each time. Plus with FAGE sour cream it’s a million times better, moist, and just absolutely perfect. FAGE sour cream quality cannot be beaten and if you want to try some for yourself or your family be sure to head to the FAGE website by clicking here.
Enjoy the bliss! enjoy the FAGE!