Today is my birthday, I am 30 years old.
Technically as I type this I am actually 29 but by the time I publish this and you are reading it, I’ll be 30. Wow.. 30. The big 3! 0! I remember when I turned 18 thinking adulthood… “I am finally an adult.” cute right? Little did I know at 30 I am nowhere near the adult I thought I would be when I turned 18. Nevertheless, these 30 years have been amazing. Through everything that has happened good or bad in my life, I am thankful I am here. I am happy.
Today I decided that instead of writing a blog post reflecting on these 30 years I would do something different. Instead, I would write 30 wishes. Wishes! not goals, not a to-do list just wishes. Some realistic, some just because but 30 wishes. Because why not? you only turn 30 once.
1. I wish to become a better person. Physically, mentally, emotionally, just better.
2. I wish to actually finish at least two of the 6 chapter books I started.
3. I wish I was a baller.
4. I wish my kids would go one day without snitching on each other. I can dream, right?
5. I wish I could meet Kylie Jenner.
6. I wish I could be more organized.
7. I wish my neighbors would move away. Or at least be a little quieter.
8. I wish I could take a real vacation.
9. I wish to always be in a position to help others.
10. I wish I could run another marathon.
11. I wish I wasn’t so hard on myself.
12. I wish I could go to lunch alone.
13. I wish I could buy all the Rae Dunn.
14. I wish I could do more volunteer work.
15. I wish I wasn’t such a last minute’er.
16. I wish I could buy my mom her dream car.
17. I wish I could turn my phone/work off for a whole day.
18. I wish I could spend more time at home doing nothing.
19. I wish I could learn Spanish.
20. I wish I could travel more.
21. I wish I could practice drinking more water.
22. I wish I could finally upgrade to my dream camera.
23. I wish to expand my writing.
24. I wish to go to Disneyland again.
25. I wish my kids would like to sleep in their own beds. Aw, #momlife.
26. I wish to always remain humble.
27. I wish to go on more dates with my husband.
28. I wish to spend more time with my entire family.
29. I wish to make BIGGER moves. You’ll see.
Tonight when my family sings happy birthday to me and I blow out the candles on my cake it’s not clear which wish I will actually wish for. Or even if my wish is on this list.
But one thing is for damn sure.
30.. I am ready for you girlfriend! Let’s do this.