Spring break has come and gone and you know what summer is here to take its place. Summertime is a ton of fun. The kids are out of school which means you no longer have to share them with teachers, homework, class projects, etc. they are all yours because you know time is a thief and what parent wants to share their little ones? So while you have them all summer you gotta make it fun right? But the fun doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. One of the funniest things I like to do with my little ones is hitting up splash pads. They are outdoors, kid-friendly and most importantly free! So today I am bringing you 5 fun splash pads in the greater Sacramento area.
1. North Natomas Regional Park: If you live in or near Natomas you are familiar with this park. They have a huge field, a kick-ass playground and of course one of the best splash pads. Their splash pad is located right next to their playground so little ones can run back and forth as needed. Water comes from structures above and below the ground and a giant one in the middle that sprays water from high in the air. I love this splash pad because once your little ones are done you can head across the street to the library and grab a good book because your little ones are guaranteed to be tired after spending the day there.
2. Magnolia Park: This next splash pad also is located in Natomas and it’s one of my favorites. It’s hardly ever crowded, also has a fun playground with a giant swing and one cool splash pad. The high structure makes the mist of the water feel good and bonus it’s in a peaceful little neighborhood.
3. Kids Interactive Fountain @ the Fountains: Enjoy the Roseville area? Then this one is for you. The Fountains at Roseville has one of the coolest splash pads around. This splash pad is great because it features a soft ground mat for the little ones to run around on and also provides a bunch of shade for parents standing nearby.
4. Whitney Coummity Park: Located in the beautiful area of Rocklin this splash pad is one of the biggest on the list. With fun features like crazy huge play structures, water sprayers that little ones can point and shoot water from and also happens to be the splash pad in all the photos featured in this blog. I’m sure your kiddos will thank you for this pad.
5. Freedom Park: 3, 2, 1 blast off! This rocket themed park is located right next door to the Aerospace museum. A popular place for many birthday parties during the summer it also doubles as a popular splash pad.
So friends there you have it 5 of some of the best splash pads in the greater Sacramento area. There are so many to chose from that did not make the list. So if you know of any and wanna add them drop me a comment or email. Also if you know if any fun ones in the area you live in leave it in the comments too. You never know whos reading 🙂 Most splash pads are open for play starting back to memorial day weekend. But be sure to call the facility for more information. Also huge thank you to my girlfriends for letting me shoot their adorable kids for my blog! Happy splashing my friends!