1. Easter Eggstravaganza: This family fun Easter adventure will be held at fair oaks park. There will be a ton of free activites like easter egg hunt for the littles, face painting, bunny photos and more. This will be held April 20 from 9:00am-1:00pm find out more info here.
2. Eggstravaganzoo: This zootastic event will take you and your family on a adventure as you go on special Easter egg hunts around the zoo. With crafts and prizes your little ones will love it. This event does get crowded so its suggested to register. It will be held at the Sacramento zoo April 20 as well starting at 9:00am-3:00pm. Find out more info here.
3. Easter River Cruise: Wanna try something different? How about a Easter cruise on the local river? Hornblower cruises will soon be offering a unique experience were you and your family can cruise for one hour with the Easter Bunny himself. They havent released very much info yet. But when they do you can find it here.
Now here are Maria’s top 4!
5. Spring Eggstravaganza @ Fairytale Town: Fairytale town has QUITE the crowd at their holiday festivities and we’re so excited that they finally decided to create a separate member’s only Easter event this year! That’s right, in anticipation of the crowds I’m sure, they’ve now split it up into a member’s only night on Friday, April 19th (working parent friendly! 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm), and a general public event on both Saturday, April 20th and Sunday April 21st (11:00 am to 4:00 pm). To make the egg hunt itself fair, they split it up by age group on the different lawns and prizes are redeemed at Mr. McGregor’s garden. Of course, in addition to the hunt, there are also arts and crafts and a special “Bunny Bootcamp” show in the puppet theatre. We caught it last year and the kids loved it! Advance tickets are $7 and day of tickets are $10 (1 and under free). Buy your tickets or check out more information at FairyTale Town’s website.
7. Easter Daffodils @ DOCO’s Second Saturdays: Everyone who sees my content knows I’ve been big on my downtown Sac lately! We accidentally stumbled across a Christmas Second Saturday event in December put on by Verge Center for the Artsand it was so well put together. April 13thDOCO will be putting on Easter arts and crafts for FREE where the littles can make crate(paper) daffodils. Their site also mentions “bunch” with the Easter Bunny (I think it means brunch?) – thought it does not mention the price. Keep this link handy for updates as it gets closer.