Lately I have been talking to a few moms and they have been telling me that they have no mommy friends. I found that this was kind of strange for me because 95% off my friends are mommy friends. As a mommy things get really tough sometimes and I feel like it’s so important to have other mommy friends to relate too. So below are 5 tips on why it’s important to have mommy friends.
1. Always someone to talk to: Of course you have people in your life to talk to your mother, your husband etc but there’s nothing like having a mommy friend to talk and vent to. Who else can relate to getting spit up by their kid like a mommy friend? & who else will understand that you rather stay home with your family on a Friday night and not go party?
2. Mommy dates: Being able to get out the house and away from the stress of being a mom is amazing. Going on a date with your mommy friends, having a good drink and of course, catching up on the latest cute photos you took of your kids is the best.
3. Crying with: No matter if Ivy got into my makeup or Aria spilled juice on the floor I know I can always call upon of my mommy friends and have a good cry with them about it.
4. Support: Nobody supports you like your mommy friends. They are taking the exact same journey you are. They completely understand what you’re going through from a women’s point of view. Mommy friends are one of the greatest support systems.
5. No Judging: You can walk into your mommy friends house and it’ll look like total shit. Or your kid can throw a temper tantrum in the aisle of Target and they don’t judge you for it. Simply because they are a true mommy friend.